One of the biggest aha moments I’ve experienced since I started my journey of personal development was when I heard that “not forgiving someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die”.
When someone hurts us, we tend to believe that it is much more difficult to forgive this person than it is to continue to blame him or her for what was done to us. But as Marianne Williamson - spiritual author and lecturer - explained to Oprah on Super Soul Sunday. The Universe is self-correcting and self-organizing, and when someone does something to us, the Universe is already on it, making sure that we get whatever that person took away from us.
But if we keep our hearts closed and we choose to keep old resentments, bitterness, anger, we are simply not able to receive whatever amazing new opportunities the Universe is ready to compensate us with.
Our hearts need to be open for us to receive all the good that is already ours, all the love that is waiting for us to be ready to receive it.
And to make sure that our hearts are open we need to let go of all that is no longer serving us physically and emotionally.
Magic Monday is about giving you tips and inspiration to set up your intentions for the week and create the life you desire.
This week I want to encourage you to set your intention to create the space in your heart for magic to come into your life. This can also be called creating a void space – and you can also call it decluttering… emotional decluttering.
I want to call it FORGIVING.
And this is what I want you to do:
1. Remember the quote “not forgiving is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die”
2. Think of one person, circumstance or situation that is renting space in your head and making you feel bad. It can be someone that hurt you or betrayed you. It can also be something you did that you feel guilty about and can’t stop thinking about it.
3. If more than one thing comes to your mind, choose the one that you feel is more difficult to forgive or let go of.
4. Set your alarm for 5 minutes and during that time, set your intention to send love and forgiveness to this person. This person can be you.
5. You can do this by just thinking about the person and repeating “I’m sorry” “I love you” “Please forgive me” “Thank You”
6. Do this every day this week.
7. Expect miracles
Every time you want to create something new or better in your life you need to make room for it, you need to get rid of old the old and all that is no longer serving you. Remember that everything is energy, and all this old stuff has energy that can be holding you back and blocking the flow of love, happiness, abundance, joy and success.
By cleaning up you will free up a whole bunch of energy and creating a space for miracles.
With love and gratitude
Magic Monday is a weekly blog written by Adriana Carballo, Quantum Success Law of Attraction Coach, mother and creator of Powerful Moms and 3 Daily Habits for a Happy and Strong Mom Mind.